Equality Statement and Objectives
At Danson Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers, irrespective of race, gender, belief, religion, disability or socio-economic background. In order to further support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching, we have set ourselves the following objectives:
To monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and special educational need or disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
To raise levels of attainment in core subjects for vulnerable learners. For vulnerable - Pupil Premium including: FSM, LAC, Post LAC and EAL pupils to achieve national average levels in Reading, Writing and Maths.
To raise levels of parental and pupil engagement in learning and school life, across all activities including regular attendance to ensure equity and fairness in access and engagement.
The Leadership Team and Governors at Danson Primary School intend to regularly review the progress we are making to meet our equality objectives with regard to the protected groups (race, disability, gender, gender reassignment, age, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, sexual orientation, religion and belief and sexual orientation) under the Equality Act (2010).
We will collate and use equality information to help us to:
- identify key issues;
- Understand the impact of our policies, practices and decisions on people with different protected characteristics, and thereby plan them more effectively;
- Identify what the key equality issues are for our organisation.
- Assess performance
- Assess whether we are discriminating unlawfully when carrying out any of our functions;
- Benchmark our performance and processes against those of similar organisations, nationally or locally.
- Make informed decisions about policies and practices which are based on evidence about the impact of our activities on equality;
- Take action
- Develop equality objectives to meet the specific duties;
- Consider taking steps to meet the needs of staff who share relevant protected characteristics;
- Identify if there are any actions we can take to avoid discrimination and harassment, advance equality of opportunity or foster good relations;
- Have due regard to the aims of the general equality duty by ensuring that staff have appropriate information for decision-making.