We are committed to making sure all members of our school community are safe from harm. All employees and volunteers are required to complete a criminal record check in the form of a DBS check. Staff will be informed of the school's child protection policy at their induction.
Staff and visitors are expected to follow a code of conduct and should act in a professional manner at all times. The school has a whistleblowing policy accessible by staff at all times.
All staff know how to recognise possible abuse both within school and externally. All staff at Danson have read and understand the school’s Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy and receive regular training.
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Deputy Safeguarding Leads
Mrs Bonner-SLT/Year 2
Mrs O’Hara/SLT-H+S/Year 1
Mrs Hui-SLT/Year 6
Mrs Stevens-Office Manager
Mrs Meredith-Wrap Around Lead
Mr Corley-Sports Coach
Mrs Jesney-Lead MDM Supervisor
Mrs Foskett-PPA Cover
Mrs O’Boyle-School Office
What do we do to promote safeguarding?
- Anyone with a concern reports this promptly to Miss Casey (the school's Designated Safeguarding Lead). In Miss Casey’s absence, concerns must be reported to a member of the Senior Leadership Team who are Safeguarding Deputies: Mrs Hunter, Mrs Bonner, Mrs O’Hara, Miss Herdecka, Mrs Hui or Mrs Stevens.
- Year Group Leads, Lead MDM Supervisors, Wrap Around Care Leads, PPA cover staff are also trained as Safeguarding Deputies.
- We have strong links with Children’s Social Services forming part of a co-ordinated approach to Safeguarding in Bexley.
- All adults in school wear identity/visitor badges so that they can be quickly identified.
- All visitors to site have coloured coded lanyards to identify themselves to others in the school building
- Our school site is kept safe and secure. Only authorised visitors will be allowed into school.
- All staff have read and understand the Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy and are trained annually to identify signs of abuse and understand what they need to do.
- We operate safer recruitment processes aimed to deter and prevent abusers from making contact with the pupils at Danson.
- Children trust the staff at Danson know that they can speak to any adult if they have a concern.
- We are an accredited National Online Safety School and support both our pupils and parents on how they can ensure their child is safe online.
- We have a clear ‘Whistle Blowing Policy’ to ensure that all concerns are reported and can be acted upon.
It is essential that staff are able to identify children who may be vulnerable to radicalisation, and know what to do when they are identified. This is part of our wider safeguarding duty and concerns are reported to Miss Casey. All staff have had ‘Prevent’ training. We aim to build pupils’ resilience to radicalisation by promoting fundamental British values and encourage our children to debate and challenge extremist views in a safe environment.
Who is the Designated Safeguarding Lead?
Miss Casey (Head Teacher) is the Designated Safeguarding Lead.